General Manager - Lincoln City Women
Job Title: General Manager
Department: Lincoln City Women
Reports to: CEO & Technical Board
Location: LNER Stadium, Lincoln
Hours: 7 hours per week x 44 weeks per annum
To manage all aspects of Lincoln City Women, including its personnel, budgets and day-to-day operations. The General Manager will also manage relationships and services provided to the club by key partners. You will play a key role in driving a forward-thinking team responsible for providing strategy and guidance to all aspects of the club’s women’s football operations.
• To ensure compliance with all the policies and procedures contained within the staff handbook, paying particular regard to the safeguarding standards, equal opportunities policy and health & safety policy and procedures at all times.
• Ensure expenditure budgets are managed in line with agreed budgets.
• Overall responsibility for the planning and delivery of match days (Note: Attendance at all home games is required)
• To work with the Technical Board & colleagues to develop and deliver a strategy and vision for women’s and girls’ football at the Club.
• Collate information and report to the Technical Board on club-wide performance.
• To be responsible for updating and managing schedules across the Club.
• Organising away travel arrangements in liaison with the Team Manager.
• Represent the Club in a positive light in the media and to follow the group communications policy.
• Line management of all non-technical staff and volunteers.
• Supporting the coaching /senior management team on player recruitment, contracting, registration and associated expense management.
• Develop and manage all key relationships (i.e. University of Lincoln)
• Recruit, develop, support and line manager all club volunteers
• Working closely with Lincoln City Foundation and Regional Talent Club to ensure pathways are available for all players both elite and grassroots. To be responsible for the management and distribution of training wear and playing kit across the Club. General responsibilities
• Carry out duties in accordance with all relevant company policies, including, but not limited to, the Health and Safety Policy, Code of Conduct Policy, Safeguarding Policy, Equality and Diversity Policy, Financial Regulation Policy and Social Media Policy;
• To safeguard and promote the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk;
• To be vigilant and support all safety and security operations;
• Act always with utmost good faith to the Club, Foundation and the Company;
• Devote full attention and ability to fulfilment of the duties required by the role;
• Other duties as reasonably requested by a member of the senior management staff;
• To work closely with partnership organisations, to maintain good relationships and collaborative working practices;
• To work with colleagues throughout Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation to extend knowledge and skills in order to identify and develop best practice;
• Deal with enquiries and general day-to-day liaison with customers, colleagues and partners;
• Carry out general office duties including data recording, filing, photocopying, sending and receiving emails;
• Active participation on continuing professional development and the appraisal process;
• To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job;
• To maintain the quality of service provision, regularly evaluating work and seeking to make improvements;
• Present a professional image when dealing with both internal and external contacts and partners, acting in a professional manner always;
• To cover as and when required at other departments within Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation;
• To recognise commercial opportunities across all products within Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation;
• Promote the brand identity and increase Lincoln City fanbase throughout;
• To support the Lincoln City Football Club green energy saving strategy and meet all requirements including but not exclusive to recycling, waste reduction, energy efficiency; and
• Any other duties commensurate with the grade and falling within the scope of the post, as requested by the Chief Executive.
The above-mentioned duties and responsibilities should be regarded as neither exclusive nor exhaustive as the post holder may be required to undertake other reasonably determined duties and responsibilities, commensurate with the grading of the post, without changing the general character of the post.
Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and employees to share this commitment.
Lincoln City Football Club and its staff are fully committed to the safeguarding and welfare of children and vulnerable adults irrespective of age, gender, language, religion, ethnic background or sexual identity. We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of everyone who has contact with children, young people and vulnerable groups and we are dedicated to providing a positive environment, enjoyable experiences and to protect from harm. This role involves working with children and/or adults at risk in Regulated Activity (or in close proximity to children and/or adults at risk). This means that the post-holder is required to undergo an enhanced DBS check prior to commencing the role and must also apply all relevant safeguarding and other policies and uphold the Club’s commitment to safeguarding children and vulnerable adults.
• Technical Board
• Team Manager
• Director of Commercial Affairs
• Head of Communications
• Club Secretary
• Demonstrated management experience, preferably in a sporting context
• Commercial acumen
• Proven business development experience
• Experienced leader, able to work on own initiative as required
• Open to travel and working weekends and weeknights (mainly to attend football matches)
• Capable of working effectively within strict deadlines and a fast-paced environment
• Experienced budget holder with the ability to develop and monitor budgets
• Confident communicator
• An interest in women’s football and enthusiastic about developing women’s football at this exciting time
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Planning and organising
• Attention to detail
• Communication with a variety of stakeholders
• Motivating others
This document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation. All employees may be required to undertake any other duties as may be reasonably required. Lincoln City Football Club & Foundation is an equal opportunities employer.
How to Apply
Please download a copy of our application form at Current Vacancies - Lincoln City (weareimps.com) and then complete and return this to email@example.com before the closing date of 5pm on 04 July 2022.