Foundation Development Phase (FDP) / Youth Development Phase (YDP) Academy Athletic Development Coach
Employer: Watford Football Club
Job Title: Foundation Development phase (FDP) / Youth Development phase (YDP) Academy Athletic Development Coach
Salary: £20,000 - £22,000pa
Location: Watford Football Club, Training Ground, London Colney
Type: Permanent Full Time
Passport/Visa: Must be eligible to work in the UK
Closing Date: Sunday 5th December 5.00pm
An exciting opportunity has become available within the Academy Sport Science and Medical Department at Watford Football Club. We are looking to recruit an Athletic Development Coach to be a part of a forward-thinking team responsible for providing physical preparation & development to players in our foundation and youth development phases.
You will play a key role in developing the long-term athletic development programme to ensure we are developing robust and resilient players to meet the physical requirements of the modern game. This will be achieved by creating a age specific physical pathway which is monitored and consistently evolving to meet the individual specific needs of the players within our programme.
The successful candidate will enjoy working as part of a team, be enthusiastic, hardworking, and be flexible to the requirements of the position and the business.
Applicants should ideally live local to Watford or the surrounding areas and be a UK resident or non-UK resident with a valid UK work permit and ideally have experience working within a similar role.
You must have:
- Bachelor’s Degree (minimum of upper second class) in Sport and Exercise Science or a related discipline.
- Basic First Aid for Sport Qualification.
- Previous experience of working with youth athletes in a sports science setting.
- Be able to work effectively in a team environment and operate effectively as part of a multidisciplinary support team.
- This role will have regular contact with children, and it is therefore required by law to have a DBS Enhanced Criminal Record Check with children’s barred list check.
- Full UK driving licence or ability to travel to various locations due to the demands of the role
You would ideally have, but not vital:
- Master’s Degree in Sport and Exercise Science or a related discipline.
- UKSCA Accreditation (or working towards)
- BASES Accreditation (or working towards)
- FA EFAiS qualification
We are dedicated to fostering a diverse and dynamic working environment by building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We are an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Please download and complete an application form located on the Club website under the career section (Club/ Careers) www.watfordfc.com/club/careers
- Please send completed application form, cover letter detailing why you would be suitable for the role, a copy of all relevant qualifications, right to work in the UK documents and your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org or by post to HR Admin, Watford Football Club, Vicarage Road Stadium, Watford, Hertfordshire, WD18 0ER.