Forest Women Technical Director - Girls Programme
Salary: Competitive – please state your expectations on application
Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours per week, over 7 days, including all Forest Girls match days.
Location: The City Ground, Nottingham, NG2
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced, enthusiastic, meticulous, hardworking and determined Technical Director to join our business and perform a key role within our Forest Girls Team at Nottingham Forest Football Club.
The role will be responsible for building the best programme in Nottinghamshire for talented girls, whilst driving standards on and off the field. Overseeing the operation as well as managing coaches and liaising with all programme stakeholders.
This is a great opportunity to join NFFC at an exciting time and be part of a successful Club that is passionate about its people.
Benefits of joining us
- 22 days annual leave
- Staff tickets to our home games
- Store discount
- Company sick pay
- Great team environment
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- To build and implement a full coaching structure and philosophy which reflects the Nottingham Forest way, and the age specific development needs of the players.
- Create a medium-long term strategic delivery plan in collaboration with the General Manager and First Team coach which includes ambitious targets for player development.
- Develop over oversee a clear development pathway into the Women’s senior set up, representing the Girls programme at MDT meetings.
- Oversee the management and recruitment of coaches (as and when), ensuring a high level of coaching is delivered across the pathway and appropriate lines of communication are maintained, to include but not limited to regular support and review meetings.
- Ensuring suitable levels of CPD for coaches and players.
- Oversee the administration of the Girls programme, ensuring full adherence to FA rules and regulations.
- Be the point of contact for all player related issues.
- Ensure good communication and relationships with parents/guardians.
- Operational support to ensure fixtures for all age groups are fulfilled and communicated in a timely manner, as well as good relationships with Leagues.
- To ensure the Club has strong relationships with all relevant Club’s and organisations in Nottinghamshire, including our Community Trust (ETC).
- Manage the trials and retention process, ensuring the highest levels of competition.
- Create a system which monitors player development and performance, which has the player at the heart of the process.
- Create a supportive and competitive environment which supports player development at the highest level with the resource available, and has a strong focus on standards and values.
- Player identification across relevant leagues and age groups.
- Covering any sessions in the absence of a coach.
- Ensure the programme adheres to the FA Safeguarding strategy.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Strong working knowledge and passion for the Girls game
- Substantial experience of coaching football and developing young players in a development focussed environment
- Ability to work collaboratively in putting strategic documentation together whilst considering the wider picture
- Excellent people management and communication skills
- A proactive and ‘can-do’ mentality, with a solutions-based focus to problem solving
- An excellent role model to all players
- Team player
- Good organisation and attention to detail
- Experience of managing coaches and volunteers
- Flexibility to work evenings and weekends around the football schedule
- Qualification; UEFA ‘A’ License
- Strong understanding of the FA rules and regulations
- Strong understanding of the FA Safeguarding guidelines
- Full driving licence and access to a vehicle
- Up to date Enhanced DBS (CRB) check
- Experience working in Women’s and Girls football and an understanding of the FA Women’s and Girls player pathway
- Demonstrable experience of mentoring and developing coaches
- A good understanding of the female football landscape in Nottinghamshire and/or East Midlands
- Emergency First Aid Qualification
If you are excited at the thought of joining our amazing team at Nottingham Forest, our application process is via our Application and Diversity forms which can be found on our website and emailed to email@example.com">firstname.lastname@example.org">email@example.com. Along with a copy of your CV.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive daily, please state your name and the job role in the email subject bar on application as follows: NAME – JOB ROLE – APPLICATION
- Closing Date: 16th November 2022
- Interviews to be carried out w/c 21st November 2022
Nottingham Forest Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications from all suitably qualified persons, regardless of age, disability, gender, gender reassignment, marital / civil partnership status, pregnancy / maternity leave, race, religion/belief, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected characteristic.