Football & Sports Development Coach Apprentice
Location: St Mary’s Stadium, Southampton
Hours: Part Time, 30 hours per week (including course attendance)
Hybrid working, option to work from home for some hours.
Contract Type: Fixed Term Contract Apprenticeship
Criminal Record Check: DBS Enhanced with Child’s List
What will you be doing?
We have an exciting new job opportunity to work within our Football Partnerships team and start your career as a Football & Sports Development Coach Apprentice. This will allow you to develop, learn and get practical ‘on the field’ experience in a variety of coaching environments, whilst also studying towards a Level 4 Sports Coach qualification.
You will be assisting, supporting & delivering high quality coaching programmes within the UK Coaching Programmes department; aiming to engage, develop and create an enjoyable learning environment among players of all abilities, ensuring players experience The Southampton Way.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
• To assist, support and deliver high quality coaching provision across all delivery lines, including; School Sports, Soccer Schools, Football Development Centers & Grassroots Support, ensuring curriculums and standards are consistently followed and delivered to.
• To help increase and retain high levels of participation, whilst ensuring the customer experience is Best In Class for all parties; including players, partners and parents/guardians.
• Assist in supporting, delivery staff on centers and soccer schools to ensure consistency of services and equip them to deliver all schemes of work as per the requirements of the partner school, club or group.
• Ensure players have the opportunity to progress through Southampton FC player progression pathway, and any players are recommended through the correct process to either the Player Development Programme or Para Player Development Programme.
Delivered by SCL you’ll gain a Level 4 Sports Coach qualification.
Develop through the apprenticeship to use extensive technical and tactical sports knowledge and skills to design and deliver coaching programmes that engage, motivate and evolve participants’ skills and performance.
You will measure the impact of your coaching strategies through analysis of the participant, coach, coaching team and organisational perception and performance data.
Able to work autonomously and collaboratively to deliver progressive programmes that align to wider curriculum plans, these are tailored to individuals and diverse groups of participants based on robust profiling techniques and whole person development needs.
Is this you?
If you want to start a career in coaching football at Southampton FC, we want to hear from you.
- To have had some experience delivering to young players within a football setting.
- To have knowledge of football coaching and an idea of young player needs.
- To be confident in engaging with a variety of players and stakeholders.
- Hold a minimum FA Level One in Football Coaching qualification.
- Valid driving licence (& access to a car)
What we can do for you
Giving you the right balance in your life is important to us, and our benefits are designed to complement this – from 2 free match tickets for every home league game, free breakfast and afternoon snacks on site, discounts at local shops and restaurants, an Employee Assistance Programme and mental health first aiders for when things get tough, to specialist support with professional development and access to a world of internal and external training courses and professional qualifications.
For you to apply
All you need to do is click on the apply button below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire and/or attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Friday 9 September 2022.
Although we reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*