Football Safeguarding Lead
Location: St Mary’s Stadium & Staplewood Training Ground, Southampton with up to 40% home working as standard.
Hours: Full time, core hours 08:00-16:00 Mon-Fri, with flexible start/finish times if needed.
Due to the nature of the role, some weekend and evening work is required.
Contract Type: Permanent
Criminal Record Check: Enhanced with Child List
We look for people with integrity, compassion and support for those around them; people who take pride in what they do with an honest approach, who embrace a challenge while also being accountable for their decisions; people who have the energy and passion to bring an innovative approach to their role and strive to be different from the rest; people with the aspiration to lead the way and become an example to others.
What will you be doing?
This is a fantastic opportunity to work as Football Safeguarding Lead with Southampton Football Club.
In this role you’ll create a visible safeguarding presence for the club’s playing population across all age groups – boys and girls. The role requires a pro-active approach to safeguarding concerns and worries, ensuring that all staff are supported, well trained and have a strong awareness of possible safeguarding issues and how to pass concerns on. The role will also be responsible for leading to embed good safeguarding practice and support awareness and engagement across footballing events, trips and tours.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
- To always consider how the voice of the child or vulnerable adult is included in decision making and adopt a person-centered approach, recognising the rights of the child / adult to make informed choices.
- Working with the Head of Safeguarding & Governance to build a pro-active and safe environment for all Southampton Football Club players.
- Facilitating opportunities for regular feedback to shape the Club’s safeguarding provision.
- Feeding into the wider club’s safeguarding training plan and help develop ideas for continual improvement.
- Assisting with the roll out of safer event management systems and processes.
- To be responsible for leading on player, football events, trips and tours safeguarding case management.
- Leading on player support meetings and case management discussions in liaison with the Head of Safeguarding & Governance.
- To promote and develop the importance of good recording and reporting for all safeguarding concerns.
- Working closely with the Player Care team to support the safeguarding elements of the club’s host family provision.
- To help with gathering evidence to support internal and external audits and striving to align delivery against the Premier League’s Safeguarding Standards.
Is this you?
We are looking for someone who can be an inspiring role model and display strong professional boundaries at all times.
Candidates are expected to support match days with the potential inclusion of supporting some larger events at evenings or weekends.
- Must have a strong awareness of safeguarding practices and be confident in dealing with safeguarding issues and worries.
- Be confident in developing positive relationships working with both key internal and external stakeholders and teams, statutory agencies, the FA and Premier League.
- Display a child/ adult centred approach to decision making.
- Be able to demonstrate a pro-active and engaging response to problem solving.
- Be able to carry out tasks accurately, with a good eye for detail.
- Be able to successfully juggle conflicting priorities.
- Be empathetic, passionate about making a difference and be committed to personal development.
- Be able to contribute to building a positive team spirit and support an environment that encourages creative thinking and continual improvement.
- Be confident in using Microsoft Teams, power point, excel and word software packages.
What we can do for you
Giving you the right balance in your life is important to us, and our benefits are designed to compliment this – from 2 free match tickets for every home league game, free breakfast and afternoon snacks on site, discounts at local shops and restaurants, an Employee Assistance Programme and mental health first aiders for when things get tough, to specialist support with professional development and access to a world of internal and external training courses and professional qualifications.
How can I apply?
Just click on the link below, enter your details and answer a quick pre-screening questionnaire, then attach your CV.
The closing date for applications is Friday 30th September 2022.
*We reserve the right to close this vacancy early, if a high volume of applicants are received.*