To be responsible for the development of all technical delivery within the specific age group outlined. To deliver sessions in accordance to CFCW agreed principles and assist with the development of all youth players in your care.
JOB TITLE: Football Coach
DEPARTMENT: Chelsea Women
REPORTING TO: Dean Steninger – Head of RTC and WSLA & Coach (Women’s Team)
JOB FUNCTION: To be responsible for the development of all technical delivery within the specific age group outlined. To deliver sessions in accordance to CFCW agreed principles and assist with the development of all youth players in your care.
LOCATION: Cobham and away matches.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES (Play Your Part):
- Coach in training in-line with the club’s playing philosophy as required.
- Design training sessions for the team/individual, working to and alongside the programme put into place by the Head of RTC and WSLA.
- Complete analysis of training sessions and games for the team/individual as and when required.
- Deliver presentations to staff and players as and when required.
- To provide performance and progress reports on youth players for the Head of RTC and WSLA.
- Keep all current and relevant data/statistics/measurable related to your age group, and ensure an up-to-date file is maintained.
- To be aware of developing trends in the game, including best-practice at youth level, as well as an understanding of requirements of players competing in academy football.
- To undertake a progressive and ongoing professional development process attending and participating in in-house CPD sessions (when possible) and external sessions (if relevant), keep a regular CPD file, and ensure up to date with performance advances and research in their field.
- Maintain all administrative tasks and liaise with the RTC Club Managers in order to adhere to deadlines.
- To perform other duties as required helping the performance of the academy department.
MEASURES OF PERFORMANCE (Here to Win):
- Excellent timekeeping and attendance.
- Excellent communication skills with other parties, colleagues and players.
- Excellent team player.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be efficient.
- FA Level 2 Coaching Award.
- Youth Modules 1 and 2
- Hold a minimum of FA Emergency Aid certification.
- Degree in Sport/related field.
- Experience in working in elite football
- Knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding issues including holding a current FA Safeguarding Children Workshop certificate.
- Experience in coaching girls’ football, understanding of the FA girls &women’s player pathway
- Have knowledge and understanding of child development and be sensitive to children’s needs
- An understanding of current RTC structures
The Employee must at all times carry out his/her responsibilities with due regard to Chelsea Football Club policies and procedures in particular Health & Safety, Financial Authorisation, Confidentiality and with regard to the Data Protection Act. The Employee must act to protect all young people and vulnerable adults that are in their care or attending the Company's premises. The Employee must report any misconduct or suspected misconduct to the Safeguarding Lead.
Chelsea Football Club and the Foundation is fully committed to ensuring the safety and well-being of all children, young people and adults at risk (vulnerable groups) that are in our care or attending our premises. As a consequence, Chelsea FC may require any successful applicants to complete a DBS Check prior to working at our premises. Successful applicants may also be required to undergo other child protection screening appropriate to the post applied for.
The Employee must ensure a positive commitment towards equality and diversity by treating others fairly and not committing any form of direct or indirect discrimination, victimisation or harassment of any description and to promote positive working relations amongst Employees and customers.
The above Job Description is not intended to be exhaustive, the duties and responsibilities may therefore vary over time according to the changing needs of the Club.