First Team Performance Analyst Placement (MSc)
Location: Lotus Training Centre, Hethersett Lane, Norwich, NR4 7TS
Role Reports to: Head of Performance Analysis
Contract: Placement to cover entire 2023/24 Season (start date to be confirmed).
University course to be fully funded by Norwich City Football Club.
About the Role
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic and highly motivated MSc candidate to join the First Team Performance Analysis Department at Norwich City Football Club.
The placement will run alongside your studies on the MSc Applied Sports Performance Analysis postgraduate course at the University of Worcester. The successful candidate will be supporting the delivery of performance analysis services with the First Team, whilst undertaking research to promote the continued development of working practices.
The ideal candidate will be committed and hard-working, with a wealth of enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop their skills as a performance analyst.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- To support analysts with filming training & matches in line the first team schedule.
- To support analysts with training / pre-match preparations.
- To support analysts with best practice databasing.
- Executes additional tasks as required in order to meet the football club’s changing priorities.
- Assist in departmental projects, combining and researching relevant academic literature.
- An interest and passion for analysis of football.
- A good work ethic and understanding of the role of the analyst.
- A strong enthusiasm and willingness to learn and develop, committed to achieving objectives set.
- A good team player – desire to develop others within your team.
- Highly organised, ability to manage multiple tasks, taking responsibility for ensuring a high quality of work.
- Commitment to research and continuous professional development.
- Undergraduate Degree in a Performance Analysis-related subject.
- Minimum of one years’ experience within performance analysis in elite sport.
- Knowledge of industry standard performance analysis tools, specifically Catapult Pro Video Suite (Focus, MatchTracker & The Hub), Video Telestration Softwares (Coach Paint).
- Proficient using Mac iOS & Windows products (Keynote, Numbers, Final Cut Pro Excel, Word & PowerPoint).
- FA Coaching Licence Level 1 or equivalent.
- FA Coaching Licence Level 2 or equivalent.
- Talent ID Level 1.
How to Apply
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, follow the link and click ‘Apply’ now to become our First Team Performance Analyst Placement! You will also be required to complete a task upon interview.
Closing date: Monday 5th June.
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.
Applicants must meet the entry requirements for the MSc Sport (Applied Performance Analysis) course at the University of Worcester. The course comprises two intensive weeks in Worcester with the remaining material delivered online. Therefore, you would need to be located close to Norwich City Football Club’s training ground. Due to the distance nature learning of the course and undertaking work in professional sports, the University is not able to provide a Tier 4 study visa nor accept students with a Graduate Visa. Further course information can be found here: https://www.worcester.ac.uk/courses/sport-performance-analysis-msc#how-to-apply.