First Team Performance Analyst
Crystal Palace Football Club are looking for a talented individual to join our First Team Performance Analysis department to analyse player’s performance and identify patterns and trends to inform the coaching process. The successful candidate will provide detailed pre and post-match analysis for direct use by the First Team Manager and coaching staff including live matchday analysis support and collaborating with all other staff to continually enhance the standards of performance analysis provision throughout Crystal Palace Football Club.
Job Location: Crystal Palace Football Club Training Ground, Copers Cope Road, Beckenham, Kent BR3 1RJ
Contract Type: Permanent/ Full time
Opening Date: 04/05/2021
Closing Date: 14/05/2021
You will be responsible for….
- Working in conjunction with other First Team Performance Analysts in the provision of pre, live and post-match analysis services for the manager, coaching staff and players.
- Working daily with the analysis department, manager and coaching staff to successfully complete duties for tight deadlines.
- Creating pre-match presentations which should identify the team objectives for the next match and provide evidence both video and statistical.
- Filming and coding games and training sessions as directed (this may involve travelling with the team to away games as well as attending home games).
- Supporting match day preparation of pre-match, half-time and post-match analysis as directed by the manager/coaching staff.
- Preparing post-match (next day) report (video and statistic).
- Maintaining and updating player related performance databases
- Offering support to other training ground departments, to help them effectively utilise the departmental analysis tools.
- Running long-term analysis projects, present key trends/findings and ad hoc duties.
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager (Head of Analysis).
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
You will have…
- Completed an undergraduate degree in Sports Science or related discipline at 2:1 or above (MSc is desirable).
- Minimum of 2 years experience working full time within professional football at first team performance analysis level (essential).
- High level of tactical/technical football knowledge within an elite level environment
- First-hand experience in the use of industry standard analysis products including
- (Hudl SportsCode, Coach Paint, SBG, etc.).
- Advanced computer skills (Mac, Window and Microsoft programming) with experience of managing, summarising and presenting large sets of data.
- Experience in the use of statistics to identify player and team performance trends (previous experience of using OPTA / Statsbomb / SecondSpectrum data desirable).
- Demonstrable high level of tactical knowledge
- Interested in the application of performance analysis in football
- A hard worker with acute attention to detail
- An excellent communicator
- Able to work as part of a multidisciplinary team and develop intra/interdepartmental relationships
- Committed to continual professional development
- Able to respond positively to change in a dynamic, fast-moving environment
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.