Fabric Building Manager
Tottenham Hotspur is a world famous football club based in North London. Off the pitch, the Club has a strong and successful business model centered around building a platform for long-term success, which includes the new world-class stadium.
The Club is seeking a Fabric Manager to oversee the smooth running of a fabric maintenance team and a painting team, to assist in carrying out planned and reactive maintenance. Plan and oversee small project works.
As a key member of the maintenance team you will be responsible for making sure that the upkeep of the buildings are maintained and presented to the highest standard. The role is wide ranging and diverse and involves the management of sub-contractors for specialist equipment, promote health & safety, mentoring and supporting the team, document control as well as the hands on practical knowledge for day to day repairs.
The maintenance team forms a key part of the smooth running of operations at the Stadium and the position will involve managing a day shift Monday to Friday of painters, Protective Panelling Engineer and Fabric Engineers. The role will also require event support, so a flexible candidate is sought.
You will report to the Technical Service Manager and oversee and coordinate a multi-skilled Fabric maintenance shift who maintain and repair the buildings structures and fabric. You will be responsible for evaluating systems of work and determining what installation or repair services need to be performed. Other maintenance-related duties include performing initial evaluations of building systems, building analytics and distributing work assignments. You will need to be able to work to tight deadlines and SLAs ensuring daily workloads are completed.
As the Fabric Manager you will be involved in the hire of engineers, organize schedules, and assign work activity. Able to perform toolbox talks and in-house training and mentoring to ensure individuals have all the requisite skills. Additional responsibilities include developing and implementing maintenance procedures and maintaining personnel records. Fabric Managers will evaluate each worker's performance to ensure quality operations. They also investigate accidents, incidents, allegations and prepare relevant reports.
- Maintain an up to date PPM schedule
- To assist the Technical Services Manager in producing management reports in accordance with the needs of the business, as applicable.
- Develop maintenance procedures and ensure implementation.
- Accomplishes maintenance and HR objectives by selecting, planning, training, assigning, scheduling, coaching and disciplining employees. Communicating job expectations, planning, monitoring, appraising job contributions and adhering to policies and procedures.
- Meets maintenance operational standards by contributing maintenance information to strategic plans and reviews. Implementing production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards, resolving problems.
- Maintains a safe and healthy work environment by following standards and procedures complying with legal codes of practice and regulations.
- Maintains function and reliability of facility systems and associated equipment by implementing a preventative maintenance program: operating and testing systems and equipment, restoring, repairing, rebuilding or replacing faulty or inoperative components and parts.
- Responsibility of issuing PO`s and approving invoices for payment.
- Meets maintenance financial standards by providing information for annual budget, monitoring expenditure and implementing corrective actions.
- Monitor equipment inventory and agreed minimum stock levels.
- Accomplishes maintenance and organization SLA and KPI’s by completing related results in-line with the introduction of the CAFM (QFM) system.
- Manage relationships with contractors and service providers and ensure quality of their work.
- Point of call for escalation of daily maintenance faults.
- Carry out regular audits to ensure the high standards are upheld and works fulfilled
- Ensure that all maintenance logs QFMs and reports are kept up to date. Review all outstanding jobs both reactive and PPM due. Liaise with Helpdesk to ensure works are being completed in line with SLA
- Work with the Technical Services Manager to ensure all outstanding actions on QFM have updated status or closed off with appropriate comments.
- Available as part of the Stadium Operations Team for specialist projects and manage projects, acting as the liaison point for parties involved
- To assist the Technical Services Manager in getting quotes and reviewing quotes required for works to be carried out.
- Plan and oversee all reactive and PPM activities.
- Perform evaluations of employees to ensure quality of work.
- Allocate workload and manage multi-trade shift teams.
- Any other duties as in accordance with the needs of the business
- Thinks ahead, generates innovative ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to highest of standards, takes responsibility
- Logical and methodical, with an exceptional attention to detail
- Self-driven, “Can do” attitude
- Flexible and professional approach to work
- Ability to mentor, train and develop employees in work processes and procedures.
- Ability to work under pressure, remain calm and focused
- Ability to manage, oversee and direct all maintenance procedures and operations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Outstanding organisational and leadership ability.
- Working knowledge of facilities plant and equipment.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 5 years’ experience of facilities management of commercial property or portfolio of properties. This includes line management responsibility for a direct team and contractors.
- Previous experience of working within a facilities environment in a supervisor or management role.
- Good awareness of Health and Safety legislation and ideally IOSH qualified.
- Ability to understand and interpret drawings and schematics.
- Ability to work on own initiative and within a pressurised environment with excellent organisational and planning skills.
- Strong knowledge of engineering concepts, including electrical, mechanical systems and building fabric.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and multi-task effectively.
- Thorough knowledge of safe working practises to industry standards.
- Excellent IT and administration skills, proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and CAFM systems.
- Hold a full UK driving licence