FA Club Consultant
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
As part of the Club Network Strategy 2030 to help support a vibrant National League and Club network that delivers inclusive football for its local community by supporting:
- Building a robust and sustainable club network with sound infrastructure.
- Clubs to deliver a comprehensive offer of activities.
- Clubs to create high quality operations and to have accessible community facilities.
- To equip and empower the most progressive England Football Accredited clubs in becoming sustainable community assets.
- To support clubs on their transformational journey of change through professional support services and expertise.
- To ensure they are structured for success, capitalising on investment and funding opportunities.
- To support them to become integrated within their community and to broaden and diversify their community offer whilst generating additional income streams.
- To support clubs with a holistic business perspective of themselves, focusing on 8 key themes of self-assessment and development, putting in place strategic planning with clear objectives and actions.
- To support clubs to become financially sustainable whilst been able to demonstrate their offer and impact both on and off the pitch, engaging with more people and other organisations to lead cultural change within their community to educate. and enable club leaders and their football workforce to implement effective and efficient operations whilst inspiring exploration of new areas of development and opportunity across 8 key themes that make for sustainable community businesses.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for:
We will be looking for people with knowledge of one or more of the following: National League System, Women's Football Pyramid, Grassroots Football, Highly Disadvantaged Communities, Volunteers. In addition to this we welcome applications from those that have the following:
- Knowledge and application of modern business techniques and processes in relation to voluntary organisations.
- Experience of working with or supporting successful organisations.
- Knowledge and understanding of how football clubs operate, including the processes and procedures they undertake during a season for the different levels of the game and competitions.
- Ability to challenge in a constructive manner and respond to the developmental needs of individual clubs with the ability to listen to, and motivate, volunteers.
- Experience of coaching, mentoring and / or supporting club officials in a positive and responsible manner.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience of sport across a range of roles.
Knowledge and understanding of one or more of the following and how they can support clubs to achieve their ambitions:
- Identity, culture and philosophy.
- Good governance standards, roles and responsibilities, policies and procedures and strategic planning.
- Football development, creation of positive environments and inclusive offers.
- Financial sustainability, accountability, and developments.
- Volunteer retention, recruitment, training, and support.
- Matchday and training facilities, capital projects and funding sources.
- Community, partnerships, insight, and impact.
- Marketing and communications.
- Knowledge and understanding of the reflective practitioner.
- Knowledge of the Sport England Club Matters programme.
- Experience of working as a mentor or coach in a commercial or volunteer organisation.
- Management and leadership skills.
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive daily rate for the right candidate.
Please be aware that this position is advertised as a homebased role.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.