We`re looking to recruit an experienced Digital Designer to join an ambitious and talented creative team that wants to push its output to the next level. You'll be helping to create fan-centric campaigns and media content capturing the imagination of LFC users and stakeholders around the world.
Your strengths and expertise
- First and foremost, you’ll possess an excellent design portfolio showcasing talent and creative skills across all areas of digital and graphic design – emails, online banners, social, gif animation and other relevant digital or display media.
- You will own the skill-set and knowledge to collaborate on briefs, creating and building striking digital campaigns and associated asset-sets.
- You’ll be working across all main digital channels and platforms – mobile, online, social, etc.
- You’ll be proficient in the design and execution of effective and results-driven email campaigns.
- As a designer, you’re equally conversant with the front-end coding skills needed for seamless HTML build, testing and mail-out across multiple browser/mobile configurations.
- Coding emails for HTML5, CSS and responsive web (for pre-built databases) are all part of your skill-set. So too is the necessary trouble-shooting nous and bug-fixing ability necessary for email platforms, eg, Outlook, iOS Mail, Gmail, webmail etc.
- Experience of adapting campaign creative through the deployment of automated martech tools for acquisition programmes, user journeys, personalisation etc, would be desirable.
- You’re well-versed at creating evergreen and attention-grabbing assets running across Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for both organic content and paid media.
- Your portfolio will also demonstrate experience across the offline landscape, most notably advertising, graphics, brand ID and spatial/venue theming.
- Attention to detail is key. Your creative talents will be complemented by a disciplined approach to QA and coding accuracy, even when working to tight deadlines and handling multiple tasks.
- You’ll be working in a collaborative environment, sharing knowledge with your peers in the best interests of the final creative product.
Who are we looking for?
A candidate who is naturally creative, who continually strives for a strong central idea as the mainstay of the work.
You will have a proven history of delivering smart UX/UI concepts that hit the mark. An ability to storyboard would be advantageous.
Due to the collaborative nature of this role, the ideal person needs to be a natural team player – able to interpret briefs with a co-operative approach to developing creative solutions, be it with your team or with other departments/stakeholders.
The role involves working to tight deadlines, so having the ability to keep a cool head under pressure is important. You’ll have the personality that allows you to juggle multiple projects.
Technically, you’re 100% fluent in Adobe CS suite – specifically Photoshop, After Effects, XD and Dreamweaver. You can demonstrate experience of working with HTML, CSS and front-end coding, with a first-rate knowledge of email best practice.
Why should you apply?
This is a full-time role working 35 hours per week.
To reward your hard work and commitment we offer a competitive salary, 25 days holiday (plus 8 bank holidays and the option to purchase up to an additional 5 days) and a contributory pension scheme.
You will have access to our benefits Kit Bag where you can access high street discounts, plus a range of benefit schemes. There are opportunities to participate in volunteering work through our LFC Foundation to give back to the local community.
Your main base will be our Head Office in Liverpool City Centre which is close to local bars, shops and restaurants and has great views over the river Mersey. Initially the role will be home-based due to the current pandemic.
We are aiming to be the most inclusive football club – offering fair and appropriate opportunities to as many people from different backgrounds as possible, being welcoming and meeting their needs as best we can. We are committed to hiring great people representing a variety of backgrounds, perspectives and skills – not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because we believe it makes our Club stronger. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment.