Delivery Development Lead
The Football Association [The FA] is the not-for-profit governing body of football in England. It is responsible for promoting and developing every level of the game, from grassroots through to the professional game, and generates significant revenue to support investment into English football each year.
The FA oversees England international teams across men's, women's, youth and disability football, as well as running the National League System and FA Competitions including the Emirates FA Cup, Barclays FA Women's Super League, FA Women's Championship, and Vitality Women's FA Cup, and the world-class facilities of Wembley Stadium and St. George's Park, all with a purpose to Unite the Game and Inspire the Nation.
Effectively lead the support and development of our delivery teams, ensuring our learning principles are embedded and there is a culture of innovation and improvement. Support our delivery teams to effectively support learners across a range of delivery modes including virtual and online settings. Ensure our delivery team effectively help learning happen and play an active role in personalised and connected learning experiences.
- Responsible for the delivery of our support and development activity across disciplines (welfare, talent identification & coaching) in full time and casual workforce, ensuring high quality learning experiences are consistently delivered.
- Implement, contribute to, and bring to life a Developer/Tutor Map, that outlines the desired knowledge, skills and behaviours of our delivery team(s).
- Effectively lead collaboration across the department to design, develop and implement a robust support and development offer.
- Design, develop and embed effective virtual delivery development to ensure virtual delivery achieves its intent.
- Manage the recruitment, support and development of our casual workforce across England Football Learning
- Ensure our casual team have a sense of connection and value with England Football Learning.
- Ensure support and development activity effectively utilises learning evaluation and performance data to identify bespoke development opportunities for a multi-disciplinary and large workforce.
- Support the define, discovery and design of learning opportunities and resources, ensuring delivery impact and implications are thoroughly considered.
- Design, develop and deliver effective onboarding activity for the casually contracted workforce.
- Create and implement an effective talent identification and signposting approach to ensure we have a diverse talent pool to recruit from.
- Contribute and collaborate with our FA Education wider leadership team to develop our working culture.
- Execute additional tasks as required in order to meet FA Group changing priorities.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures to ensure the highest standards of health, safety and wellbeing can be maintained.
What we are looking for
- High energy individual who is focused upon collaborative relationships and solution focused.
- Postgraduate qualification in education, learning design or a related area.
- Extensive experience of learning delivery, with an expertise in online/virtual delivery.
- Experience in effectively leading and managing a diverse team of education professionals
- Proven ability of embodying a learning and development ethos
- Deep understanding of the benefits of professional development with proven experience in successful delivery and outcomes.
- Ability to support the development of a nationwide workforce through effective stakeholder engagement
- Effective relationship management and influencing
- Able to make informed decisions based upon evidence and insight.
- Effective collaborator and team player.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
What we can offer you
- An exciting and challenging role within a changing, dynamic and world-renowned sports organisation.
- Attractive benefits and a competitive salary.
Please be aware that unless you are on a homebased contract, your contract with The FA will specify a fixed location of either Wembley Stadium, St. George's Park or our Processing Centre.
We currently work within a hybrid working model whereby the expectation is to work from your contractual location for part of the week, and as and when required by the team. The remaining days can be worked remotely. We will continue to monitor this model and it may be adjusted in future if deemed necessary.
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this in your application.