Casual Youth Development Phase U14’s Girls Academy Lead Coach
We have an exciting opportunity for an individual to join our Liverpool FC Foundation team as a Youth Development Phase U14’s Girls Academy Lead Coach on a casual basis. In this role you will be responsible for implementing the Girls Academy coaching programme and developing players technically, tactically, physically and psycho-socially in the youth development phase, in line with the LFC Womens pathway philosophy.
What will you be doing?
- Lead Planning, delivering and supporting high quality coaching to sessions to develop all players within your age group; utilising the support of the assistant coach effectively wherever possible. Sessions should be in line with Senior Management Team expectations and recognise vision and philosophy, and what is suitable for the players
- To be responsible for keeping records of players progression and producing reports for both players, parents, other coaches through Individual development plans
- To liaise with all key personnel when planning and arranging coaching sessions and matches to ensure the appropriate support is in place working in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team
- To liaise with Senior Management Team on striving player and external talent ID process
- To ensure that accurate monitoring of records for all activities are maintained and support on the analysis of evaluation information for activities
- Perform other duties as required which are considered relevant to the post and to the objectives of the LFC Foundation
- To attend all weekly Multi disciplinary team meetings
Who are we looking for?
To be successful in this role you will have experience in a professional youth development phase setting and working with international youth players, including experience in youth talent identification, support the recruitment processes of bringing players to the girls academy in line with LFC core values and with fairness and without bias. You’ll also be able to demonstrate experience in writing and delivering player individual development plans.
You will be able to showcase your knowledge of the FA girls and women’s strategy, including an understanding of the pressures and commitments required for players, with an understanding of support strategies for the player emotional needs. You will have a reliable, conscientious, and flexible approach/availability, including an ability to attend all sessions and fixtures. You’ll have the ability to develop good working relationships with MDT, support staff and senior management team, including having excellent communication and organisational skills. You are able to demonstrate role model behaviours.
Essential qualifications for the role
UEFA C Licence
FA Youth Award
FA Introduction to emergency first aid in football.
UEFA B Licence/Working towards
Why should you apply?
This is a casual position, offering variable hours including evenings and weekends on a flexible assignment basis.
At Liverpool Football Club, we have an unwavering commitment to equality, diversity and inclusion and are always looking to making a positive difference in the communities that we operate within. We are proud of our achievements in this area; maintaining the Premier League Equality Standard Advanced Level, becoming a founding signatory of the Football Association’s Football Leadership Diversity Code and being recognised as a leader in this important area on and off the pitch. We take our responsibilities in this area seriously and through the work being done across the club, we are committed to increasing the diversity of our people and becoming an increasingly inclusive workplace for all. We are committed to hiring great people representative of diverse backgrounds, perspectives, and skills across our entire business. If you share our enthusiasm and passion for inclusivity, then we want to hear from you.
Liverpool FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults and expects all Colleagues and Volunteers to share this commitment. This role is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.