Casual Academy Sports Therapist
We are seeking an experienced and hardworking individual to join Cheltenham Town FC as a casual academy sports therapist. Please see the attached job description and person specification
If you meet the qualification criteria and feel you have the relevant experience and evidence to meet the job description and person specification, please apply by email with a CV and a covering letter. Cheltenham Town FC values diversity and difference. We welcome applicants from all sections of the community. Therefore, all applicants will be asked to complete a diversity monitoring form so that we can monitor whether we are attracting interest from a diverse range of candidates. It will not affect your application in any way. We might close the advert early depending on application numbers.
Academy Senior Physiotherapist
Job Title Casual Academy Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist
Responsible to Lead Academy Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist Build Relationships with Internal: Academy Manager, Lead Phase Coaches, Coaches (Part Time), Heads of Department and players External: Opposition staff, FA, FAYCD and PFA
Hourly rate ££ / Causal and Cover Positions available / CPD provided interally
Location Cheltenham Town FC Training Ground, Cheltenham, GL51 9RX
Working Pattern and Work base - This is a causal position, paid role which will involve being present at training sessions that are evening based typically for 3 hours from 5pm or 6pm (venues; Swindon Village, Evesham Utd FC, All Saints Academy, University of Gloucestershire)
If successful, you will have the flexibility to work evenings around your other commitments. There is no minimum expectation on the number of evenings you do a week.
The role has scope for more extensive shifts. Travel Regular travel to fixtures, meetings and other events in connection with performance of the duties detailed below.
Overall purpose of the job
The successful individual will be responsible for working with academy teams, providing pitch-side first aid/trauma management during academy training and fixtures on evenings and weekends. They will report to the Lead Academy Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist and work under the guidance of our full time Academy Physiotherapist/Sports Therapist.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
Key responsibilities include emergency pitch-side first aid, the diagnosis and treatment of injuries, early injury rehabilitation and management, assisting other medical staff when required, and liaising with coaches regarding the wellbeing of players Page 2 of 3
Person Specifications (Essential) Qualifications
● Completed BSc Physiotherapy, BSc Sports Therapy or BSc Sports Rehabilitation
● First aid qualifications equivalent or higher to ITMMiF
● Registered with the HCPC, CSP, SST, or BASRaT Required Experience Experience of working in at least 1 of the following roles:
● Match and Training Sports Therapist experience
● Undertaking a degree Knowledge and/or experience of at least 1 of the following:
● Experience working with children in an elite football club environment
● Experience working in a sporting environment
● Experience in the recognition and management of paediatric musculoskeletal conditions
● Experience in pitch side sports trauma management ICT experience of PMA, excel, word and any other software as required to carry out the duties required for the job. Personal Qualities
● Excellent communication skills
● Have a flexible attitude to work
● Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
● Have a polite and courteous manner
● Be organised, have good time management skills
● The ability to meet stringent deadlines
● Be able to adapt to different and changing situations
● Have the drive and enthusiasm to set high standards and achieve company objectives
● Have a personable approach Other Requirements
● Have a full clean driving licence
● DBS clearance Safeguarding
● To have due regard for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and to follow the child protection procedures adopted by the FA and the club.