Business Analytics Intern
As an internin the Business Analytics department, your job will be to:
- Support progression of analytics maturity through advancing the “data science” capabilities
- Prepare reporting on performance of the business against key metrics and targets for internal distribution
- Perform data analysis to support key projects and commercial decision making
Founded in 1882, Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is an English Premier League Club, based in North London.
Led by the late great Bill Nicholson, the Club became the first in England to win the League and FA Cup Double in 1961, and the first in the UK to win a European Trophy two years later. Spurs has since been home to some of the game’s great entertainers, including Jimmy Greaves, Glenn Hoddle, Paul Gascoigne, David Ginola, Gareth Bale, Heung-Min Son and Harry Kane.
In April 2019, the Club opened an iconic new stadium that sits at the heart of a £1billion sport-led regeneration of North Tottenham. The stadium is the largest football club stadium in London and is a multi-use venue with the ability to host a variety of events 365 days a year, including NFL, boxing, rugby, concerts, and other major events, plus visitor attractions including Stadium Tours and the Dare Skywalk.
The stadium development scheme has to date created more than 4,000 new jobs for local people, with circa £300m pumped into the local economy each year.
Tottenham Hotspur has:
- A clear strategy to develop talent from within its Academy, showcased by a strong track record of Academy players graduating to the first-team squad.
- A £100m state-of-the-art Training Centre that supports the Club’s ambition to attract, develop and retain the best talent.
- Commercial partnerships with globally-recognised brands including AIA Group Limited (AIA), one of the world's leading providers of life insurance services, and Nike, the world’s leading sports footwear and apparel company.
- A commitment to minimizing its environmental impact across Club operations, being named as the greenest in the Premier League for the past three years. Tottenham Hotspur is a signatory of the UN Sports for Climate Action Framework, committing to halve carbon emissions by 2030 and become net zero carbon by 2040.
- An award-winning Foundation that is renowned for creating opportunities to help enhance the lives of people in its local community through education, employment, health and social inclusion programmes.
To support Business Analytics function through:
- Supporting progression of analytics maturity through advancing the “data science” capabilities
- Preparing reporting on performance of the business against key metrics and targets for internal distribution
- Performing data analysis to support key projects and commercial decision making
- To build predictive / machine learning models to advance the capabilities of the team, leveraging the investment in data system integrations
- To work closely with Business Systems team to ensure validity of automated data, setting scope for future automation and to update reporting to react to improvements in Business Systems
- Build and maintain both models and resulting dashboards to visualise data and track performance
- To produce structured weekly reporting to be distributed to senior internal stakeholders, gathering information from different data sources and teams across the business
- To gather post-event data across the business to analyse and report against relevant performance metrics
- To manage data inputs for daily commercial reporting
- To support team of Business Analysts, providing additional resource to complete more in-depth analysis across the commercial function
- To support Research & Insight function to derive greater insights from internal and external resources to deepen understanding of business and support decision making
- To collaborate with cross-functional teams to embed predictive modelling within business operations
- To assist with ad-hoc data analysis requests as needed
- Thinks ahead, generates ideas
- Values & respects others, builds relationships, collaborates
- Gets things done, delivers to high standards, takes responsibility
- Strong analytical skills and acute attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a changing and demanding environment
- An aptitude for systems, processes, insight and analysis
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills
- Creative, energetic and target driven
- Quick learner
- Can work under own initiative but is a supportive team member
Skills And Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, ideally in a related field
- Experience of creating data visualisation / dashboards
- ThoughtSpot, Data Studio or similar Business Intelligence Reporting solution
- Knowledge of SQL, Python, R or similar is advantageous
- Experience of writing machine learning algorithms and/or predictive modelling
- Knowledge of statistical analysis and statistical modelling techniques
- Experience with cloud data warehouses and cloud computing systems (e.g. Google Cloud Platform, Azure, AWS)
- Advanced Excel including Pivot tables, Macros, Graphs
- Ability to interpret data and effectively summarise key findings to a variety of stakeholders, internally and externally
- Presentation-writing skills
Safeguarding is fundamental to the success in all that we do. Whilst this role does not require a DBS check, successful candidates are to be reminded that we may review the role and the requirements at a later date which could result in standard background and DBS checks.
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club welcomes applications from anyone regardless of age, disability, race, or ethnic and national origins, religion or belief, or sexual orientation.