Apprentice HR Assistant
Apprentice HR Assistant
The successful candidate will join our HR team supporting colleagues at Pride Park Stadium and Moor Farm Training Centre, providing generalist support.
Apprentice HR Assistant
Derby County Football Club, established in 1884, is one of the founder members of the English Football League and has a rich and varied history, including two First Division titles in 1972 and 1975 and an FA Cup success in 1946. The club are currently playing in League One, the third tier of English Football, and is now under the management of Head Coach Paul Warne. The club also boasts a successful and respected Category One Academy, a status which has been held since 2014. Derby County is embarking on an exciting new era following the change in ownership to Clowes Developments (UK) Limited. Our track record of producing talent is outstanding, and we intend to protect that proud legacy, investing in key roles within the club to build on the foundations in place for success.
The successful candidate will join our HR team supporting colleagues at Pride Park Stadium and Moor Farm Training Centre, providing generalist support. Good communication skills and attention to detail are essential to ensure every stakeholder interaction is positive, and supports the business's reputation, strategy, and legal obligations.
- Ensures all external correspondence from the HR department is professional, accurate and sent within appropriate timescales
- Prepares contracts and offer letters for new employees
- Ensures all Safer Recruitment pre- and post-employment checks are completed
- Monitors the completion of the Induction Process
- Ensures HR and Payroll systems are kept up to date
- Supports the HR Advisor with recruitment campaigns
- Supports shortlisting and interview processes
- Responds to unsuccessful candidates within appropriate timescales
- Manages the Reference and DBS requests for new employees
Training and Development
- Ensure training and development records are kept up to date
- Monitors the completion of mandatory training modules
- Monitors the completion of one-to-one reviews
- Supports the HR Advisor in facilitating training and development
Personal characteristics and experience:
- Ability to prioritise and organise own workload to meet tight deadlines
- Experience working in a customer service or administration setting is desirable
- Comfortable working in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment
- A flexible, proactive approach to work
- Ability to deal with sensitive information with discretion and to always maintain confidentiality
- Good level of IT skills, including working knowledge of word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software packages, preferably Microsoft Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Work using own initiative and as part of a team
- English and Maths to GCSE level 4 or equivalent
- A Level or BTEQ qualification or equivalent
This post is ideal for a candidate looking to expand their knowledge for an immediate start or for school leaver looking to start a career in HR following completion of their studies in summer 2023!
The successful candidate will be enrolled on a level 3 HR based apprenticeship. More details about HR apprenticeship standards can be found at https://www.cipd.co.uk/learn/apprenticeship-routes/standards.
As an alternative to HR, we would also consider supporting the right candidate in a Business Administration Level 3 apprenticeship.
The post is full-time, 35 hours per week, and for a fixed term of two years and will end on completion of the Apprenticeship Qualification.
As an apprentice, the successful candidate will be paid the National Minimum Wage for Apprentices, currently £5.28 per hour for the first year of your apprenticeship. Further details can be found here - https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates. In addition, the successful candidate will receive a monthly travel allowance for the first year of their apprenticeship.
Derby County employee benefits include:
- 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays
- Two complimentary staff season tickets
- Two complimentary staff away memberships
- 20% discount at DCFC Megastore
- Company Pension with Aviva
- Discounts with select Club partners and sponsors
- Healthshield Cash Health Plan to support employee health and well-being and Perks for great deals and discounts
- Opportunity to participate in our staff wellbeing group, ‘The Herd’
- Training and development opportunities
- Access to programmes and volunteering opportunities with Derby County Community Trust
Derby County Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
As part of the Club's commitment to providing a safe environment for children and young people, applicants should be aware that this post may be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) Criminal Record Check.
Derby County Football Club is an Inclusive Club for all and is committed to Equality and Diversity. We are a Disability Confident employer.
To apply for this role, please complete an application form, which can be found HERE.
Alternatively, please copy and paste - http://thera.ms/apply - to your chosen browser.
More information can be found at https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/jobsandcareers.
The closing date for receipt of applications is Sunday 11 June 2023. However, we reserve the right to close the vacancy early.
Strictly no agencies, please.