Academy Sports Therapist
We have new opportunity available for a highly driven and committed individual, to undertake a full-time role as the new Academy Sports Therapist.
The successful applicant will have gained experience and extensive knowledge from working within elite sport.
To assist and support the Physiotherapy team in the planning, support, and delivery of medical provision for all Academy players.
Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To work alongside the Academy Physio to plan, deliver and support the medical provision for all Academy players
- To support the Medical department in line with the club policy and EPPP guidelines
- Oversee the treatment and rehabilitation of Academy players daily (U9-U23)
- To undertake regular CPD and training relevant for the role to progress the Medical department and medical provision
- Maintain medical notes in conjunction with CSP/ HCPC standards
- Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injuries and performance clock during rehabilitation
- Contribute to ongoing staff and player education
- Pitch-side emergency first aid for training and games
- Provide a holistic approach when managing injuries, referring to sport psychology where appropriate
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively to support the development of young people
- To assist the Academy Physiotherapists and First Team Physiotherapist with the U23 and the First Team Squads on a daily basis, as and when required
- To provide support for the First Team Physiotherapist when required for training/ match days
- To support the provision of Academy external partners, where possible
Qualifications and Requirements:
- BSc (hons) degree in Sports Therapy
- Full and in date membership/ registration: Chartered Physiotherapist (CSP) and Health Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Current ATMIFF qualification or working towards.
- Experience of working as a Sports Therapist within an elite sporting environment
- FA Safeguarding Children
- MSc or working towards
- Experience of working in an Academy under EPPP rules
- Knowledge of age-appropriate medical provision
- Knowledge of elite level requirements
- IT literate with a knowledge of the PMA
- Confident communicator with a can-do attitude
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual
- Proactive decision maker who maintains high standards
- Committed to achieving the agreed objectives
- Flexible and willingness to learn and develop
You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
What you need to do now:
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter to:
The closing date is 14/10/21 and if successfully shortlisted you will be required to attend an interview with the Academy Manager and interview panel on 18/10/21.
Fleetwood Town Football Club and Fleetwood Town Community Trust are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact Fleetwood Town Football Club directly on 01253 775080