Academy Sports Scientist
We have a new and exciting position as an Academy Sport Scientist available within Fleetwood Town Football Club, primarily based within our elite performance centre at Poolfoot Farm, Thornton – Cleveleys.
Established in 1997, Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire. The team compete in EFL 1, the third tier of English football.
The home ground is Highbury Stadium in Fleetwood and its training ground is Poolfoot Farm, in Thornton-Cleveleys.
Fleetwood Town is committed to providing all employees with the opportunity for career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the role.
Poolfoot Farm was officially unveiled by the great Sir Alex Ferguson on 20th April 2016 and is home to 16 football pitches both artificial and natural grass, an elite performance building, gymnasium, playground and a destination restaurant. The site offers football for all areas of the game from grassroots through to the elite 1st team squad.
Reporting to the Academy Manager and the Academy Head of Sports Science, you will assist and support the Head of Sports Science in the planning, support, and delivery of physical provision for all Academy players.
Key Responsibilities (but not limited to):
- To work alongside the Head of Sports Science to plan, deliver and support the physical provision for all Academy players
- To support the Sports Science department in line with the club policy and EPPP guidelines
- Contribute to the development of the Sports Science and Medical department
- Work in collaboration with the medical department for the treatment and rehabilitation of Academy players daily (U9-U23)
- To undertake regular CPD and training relevant for the role to progress the Sports Science department and medical provision
- Regulation and management of the PMA for individual injuries and performance clock during rehabilitation
- Contribute to ongoing staff and player education
- Provide a holistic approach when working with individuals’ teams on physical development and performance
- Be part of a multi-disciplinary team that works collaboratively to support the development of young people
- To assist the Head of Sports Science and Elite Performance team with the U23 and the First Team Squads on a daily basis, as and when required
- To provide support for the Elite Performance Team (1st team) when required for training / match days.
- BSc (hons) degree in Sport and Exercise Science (or similar)
- Experience of working as a Sports Scientist within an elite sporting environment
- FA Safeguarding Children
- MSc or working towards
- Experience of working in an Academy under EPPP rules
- Knowledge of age-appropriate medical provision
- Knowledge of elite level requirements
- IT literate with a knowledge of the PMA
- Confident communicator with an excellent ability to build rapport with young people
- Dynamic, enthusiastic, and ambitious individual
- Proactive decision maker who maintains high standards
- Committed to achieving the agreed objectives of the department
- Flexible and willingness to learn and develop.
You will require a full, valid UK driving licence and access to a suitable vehicle.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please forward an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter to:
Fleetwood Town Football Club and Fleetwood Town Community Trust are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact Fleetwood Town Football Club directly on 01253 775080