Academy Senior Physiotherapist
The role of the Lead Senior Physiotherapist is to lead in conjunction with Academy & English Football League regulations, the physiotherapy programme and oversee staff within the department to ensure gold standard provision of physiotherapy to all Academy players. The Academy Senior Physiotherapist will also work as part of the multidisciplinary team and will manage the medical department for the Academy providing medical care and cover for all U9-23 players within the Academy. The Academy Senior Physiotherapist will be a part of the Academy Management Team, on behalf of the medical department. Their duties will be dependent on the Academy need and as outlined in the Audit guidelines.
- BSc (Hons) Degree in Physiotherapy
- Chartered Physiotherapist
- FA LEVEL 5 Advanced Trauma Medical Management in Football (ATMMiF)
- Experience of working with elite developing athletes in elite sporting environments.
- Evidence of Continued Professional Development (CPD) Portfolio
MSc in Physiotherapy or a variation
- Working within a Multi-Disciplinary Team, provide access of appropriate Physiotherapy support for all players.
- Manage a group of part time therapists to ensure all matches and training sessions have adequate First Aid cover, including administration tasks such as producing a monthly Rota & filing timesheet.
- Organise monthly CPD events for part time therapists.
- This individual will be responsible for one team and must attend all training and games for this team.
- Act as first line contact for all players to report illness and injury.
- Liaise with full time & part time performance & coaching staff with regards to player injuries daily
- Maintain an accurate and in-depth injury audit throughout the Academy.
- Organise and administer age-appropriate risk profiling and injury prevention screening of all academy players, including cardiac screening for ages 15+.
- Organise and administer age-appropriate pre-habilitation of players.
- Management & rehabilitation of acute injuries across the Academy age groups.
- Maintain medical records accurately, timely and securely on athlete management system.
- To be available on request as a stretcher bearer for first team home matches.
- Act as the Development squad liaison with FA Whereabouts and advising players on FA Doping Control requirements.
- Liaise with the Head of Sports Medicine and Head 1st Team Physiotherapist regarding medical referrals and insurance claims.
- Accompanying players to medical appointments as required.
- Maintain stocks of medical supplies, ensuring that sufficient medical supplies and trauma equipment is available on all training sessions and match days.
- Attend and contribute to In-Service Training programme
- Undertake regular Continuous Professional Development.