Academy Recruitment Officer
We are recruting for an Academy Recruitment Officer to be based at Wast Hills Training Ground as part of our Academy.
Location: Wast Hills Training Ground
Hours of Work: Hours are set to meet the needs of the business but are a minimum of 37.5 hours per week.
Application closing date: Due to the urgency of filling this vacancy, suitable candidates will be interviewed as and when they apply and the role will be closed as soon as a suitable candidate has been sourced.
- Communicate and promote the Academy culture creating an elite environment for the development of young players.
- Have consistently high standards.
- Communicate and engage with parents/guardians where appropriate.
- Attend all professional development events.
- Actively engage in a fully functioning competency framework and integrated appraisal process.
- Monitor the well-being of Academy players at all times liaising with the Safeguarding Manager.
- Ensure compliance with all the Policies and Procedures contained within the Staff Handbook, paying particular regard to the Equal Opportunities Policy and Health & Safety Policy and procedures at all times.
- Assist in the creation, adaptation and operation of the Birmingham City Football Academy ‘Player Recruitment Strategy’ in liaison with the Recruitment Manger.
- Assist in the creation, adaptation and management of the recruitment related audit criteria.
- Assist in the creation of the relevant APP documentation.
- Coordination and operation of the Pre Academy Programme in liaison with Foundation Phase Coach (U7-U10 Cell Manager).
- Actively recruit across the development phases in line with the recruitment strategy, succession plan and target areas/positions.
- Submission of player and team reports on the PMA.
- Delivery of player entry and exit policy as set out in the APP.
- Identify and meet the needs of internal and external customers, focusing on initiating and welcoming contact and communication whilst striving to deliver first class customer service.
- Appropriate communication with relevant departments regarding trial details, schedules and requirements.
- Coordination of trialists inclusive of accommodation, transport, fixtures and administration in liaison with relevant staff.
- Oversee the player registrations process in liaison with the Academy Operations Manager.
- Integration of BCFC recruitment philosophy into local football associations and organisation.
- Review and evaluate players within the programme providing feedback for individual player reviews and the end of season procedure.
- To be aware of the PL/FL YD rules and requirements relating to all development phases.
- Integrate with 1st Team personnel where required.
- Line management responsibilities to all part time recruitment personnel.
- Coordination of recruitment personnel via a weekly activity plan with match attendance requests for third party venues.
- Report recruitment activities relevant to the meeting being undertaken.
- Monthly review of PMA recruitment database with Academy Recruitment Manager.
- Recognise potential complaint situations, taking effective steps to avoid and/or resolve these situations.
- Operation of regular meetings with Part time staff.
- Assist in the operation of regular In-Service events for all recruitment personnel.
- Ensure that recruitment administration falls within Club branding guidelines.
- Submission of the relevant information to update and produce the yearly Academy Brochure and Academy Website.
- FA Level 1 Talent ID
- FA Level 2 Talent ID
- Valid Driving License
- FA Level 3 Talent ID
- FA Level 2 in Coaching Football
- Previous experience in Elite Player Recruitment role
- Previous experience in a team leadership role
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of the Elite Player Development Pathway
- Computer literate
- Ability to compile and maintain accurate reports
- Personal organisation
- High levels of confidentiality
- Effective communicator
- Ability to develop contacts
- Promote BCFC in a positive manner
- Adaptable to change.
- Uses initiative.
Terms of Appointment
- 37.5 hours per week.
- 20 days annual leave (rising by 1 day per completed year of service, up to a maximum of 25 days, plus 8 statutory bank holidays).
- 6-month probation period.
Only applicants that meet the above criteria will be considered for the role. Applicants must be able to demonstrate that they are eligible to live and work in the UK.
This role is regarded as a ‘Regulated Activity’ and is therefore subject to an Enhanced DBS check, (previously a CRB check) which includes the barred list for working with children. This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974
Birmingham City FC is an equal opportunities and Disability Confident employer and welcomes applications from all sectors of the Community.
Birmingham City Football Club promotes a diverse and inclusive working environment, and we welcome applications from all individuals in society. If you have any particular requirements or need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment or interview process, please mention this in your application.
We would also be grateful if you could take the time to complete our Equality, Diversity & Inclusion Recruitment Survey using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/ymR2zBpuNf. The survey will take approximately 1 minute to complete, is completely voluntary and you can respond with “prefer not to say” to any questions that you do not feel comfortable in answering. All responses will remain anonymous and we will use the information collected to review our recruitment processes and ensure we continue to encourage a diverse and inclusive working environment.