Academy Physical Performance Coach
Location: Lotus Training Centre, Norwich, NR4 7TS
Contract and Hours: Permanent, 40 hours per week, as and when required
Salary: £23,000 - £26,000 per annum, plus company benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced candidate to join the Physical Performance Department at Norwich City Football Club in the role of an Academy Physical Performance Coach. This is an excellent role for someone who is enthusiastic, possesses exceptional communication skills, is hungry to learn and can make critical decisions under pressure.
The successful candidate will provide strength and conditioning (S&C) support to the Academy players (U9-U16s), including assisting and leading on field and gym-based S&C sessions. This role will have a larger emphasis on developing players’ on-field physical qualities, in line with the department curriculum within the Foundation Phase (FP) and Youth Development Phase (YDP). The role will be based at the club’s training ground and will require attendance on Academy training days, as well as match-day responsibilities, both home and away, as needed.
Previous experience of working within elite sport is essential, along with understanding the level of commitment and proficiency required, and therefore able to display this consistently.
Key tasks/responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the implementation of the club's physical performance programme in line with EPPP guidelines and recommendations
- Assist with the delivery of on-field physical performance coaching to the club’s FP and YDP playing squad and other teams as required
- Identify focus groups with specific age groups aiming to develop physical qualities appropriate to their individual needs
- BSc in Sports Science, Strength and Conditioning or similar
- UKSCA or equivalent (or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Experience in planning and delivering on-field sessions for youth athletes, focusing on specific physical development as identified in conjunction with the multidisciplinary team
- Experience in planning and delivering gym-based strength and conditioning support to youth athletes tailored to individual needs
- Extensive knowledge of growth and maturation and its implication on long term athlete development
- Excellent ability to communicate with all relevant departments to positively influence the physical programme
- Experience working in a professional football environment
- BASES Accreditation, or evidenced ability to obtain this within 12 months
- MSc in Strength & Conditioning / Sport Science Equivalent
- Level 1/UEFA C coaching badge
Don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity to join the Canaries, click ‘Apply’ now to become our Academy Physical Performance Coach.
Closing date: Sunday 18 June 2023
Norwich City Football Club are committed to ensuring equal opportunities are given to all and welcomes applications from all areas of the community regardless of age, disability, sex, gender reassignment, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, marriage and civil partnerships.
Norwich City Football Club is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the importance of safeguarding children and vulnerable adults in the workplace. Please be aware that a criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out for this post. Engagement will be subject to a satisfactory DBS disclosure.