Academy Performance Analyst
Job title: Academy Performance Analyst
Department: Performance Analysis
Location: BRFC Academy, Brockhall Village, Old Langho, Blackburn, BB6 8BA. Flexibility regarding location may be required.
Reports to: Professional Development Phase Analysts
Responsible for: N/A
Hours of work: A minimum of 37.5 hours per week and any additional hours necessary for the performance of duties. This will include evening and weekend work.
Contractual status: Permanent
Job purpose: To be responsible for the performance analysis of age groups within the Youth Development Phase (YDP) and uploading footage onto the appropriate platforms for team and individualised analysis sessions.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To be committed to ensuring the safeguarding and welfare of all elite players, promoting their well-being whilst maintaining professional boundaries;
- To provide appropriate and effective video analysis sessions for age groups within the YDP and cover other age groups as and when required;
- To provide further support to other departments within the Academy and external organisations who utilise the Academy analysis for differing purposes;
- Film training sessions and utilise material for analysis sessions for both individualised and team performance;
- Maintain a database of games/sessions filmed for future use;
- To film, code and analyse matches for varying teams within the YDP;
- To develop the accessibility of performance analysis support for players, coaches and Academy staff;
- To upload individual and team video clips for all age groups onto the Hudl platform;
- To produce motivational or supportive material to be utilised by coaches, players and Academy staff for the forthcoming seasons;
- To log and maintain analysis sessions on the PMA system or other relevant video sharing platforms;
- Liaise and communicate with coaches in preparation for analysis sessions;
- Deliver specific analysis sessions required by Academy staff;
- Support the Head of Coaching as and when required with analysis needs;
- To assist with the organisation and training of students and/or interns;
- Provide supportive material to Head of Recruitment when required;
- Introduce and increase individual/tailored analysis sessions to Academy teams;
- Support and work with other departments at the Academy in adopting a multi-disciplinary approach;
- Liaise and work with varying external organisations to provide analysis to meet their required needs;
- Liaise with the U18 / U23 analysis departments to further develop an effective integration; and
- Continually monitor the equipment and software used by the department and liaise with relevant staff to upgrade where possible.
- Good organisation skills;
- Ability to work under pressure and meet set deadlines;
- Ability to use a variety of methods of communication;
- Ability to liaise with people with integrity, honesty and empathy at times when required;
- Ability to produce plans;
- Time management skills;
- Ability to make key decisions under pressure;
- Ability to solve problems;
- Ability to evaluate and identify both strengths and areas for development to improve performance, making recommendations where necessary;
- Ability to work as an individual and as part of a team;
- IT literate (Microsoft Word, Excel & PowerPoint essential); and
- Confidentiality and discretion.
- Knowledge and awareness of safeguarding procedures and protocols;
- Knowledge of the various software packages available for analysing performance;
- Previous experience of how to use and implement such software packages;
- Knowledge of various video techniques to video games and/or training;
- Awareness of various delivery methods/styles to use when delivering specific analysis sessions to both teams and individuals;
- Knowledge and awareness of how players may learn at various ages to support analysis delivery;
- Knowledge of the technical, tactical elements of football to support delivery of analysis sessions;
- Knowledge of varying statistical data used in performance analysis and how this can be utilised in an Academy environment; and
- Awareness of how analysis can be used and the benefits this can have on player development.
- Undergraduate degree in Sports Science / Coaching or equivalent;
- MSc in Performance Analysis (desirable);
- Any other Performance Analysis related qualifications (desirable); and
- Professional Coaching Qualifications (desirable)
DBS required: Yes (enhanced)
The document is a guide only and should not be regarded as exclusive or exhaustive. It is intended as an outline indication of the areas of activity and will be amended in the light of changing needs of the organisation.
Equality and Diversity
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to the principle of equal opportunity in employment and its employment policies for recruitment, selection, training, development and promotion are designed to ensure that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of race, colour, nationality, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, ethnic and national origin, disability or gender reassignment.
Blackburn Rovers FC is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.