Contract: 1.5 days per week (Matchday & Clinic)
Hours: Prepared to work weekends and evenings.
Location: Poolfoot Farm, Thornton – Cleveleys
Main role: To provide medical leadership and operational support to the Fleetwood Town Academy staff through operation of clinical service, medical assessment and administrating treatment.
Reporting to: Club Doctor, Academy Manager & Academy Head of Medical
Established in 1997, Fleetwood Town Football Club is a professional association football club based in the town of Fleetwood, Lancashire. The team compete in EFL 1, the third tier of English football.
The home ground is Highbury Stadium in Fleetwood and its training ground is Poolfoot Farm, in Thornton-Cleveleys.
Fleetwood Town is committed to providing all employees with the opportunity for career and personal development on the basis of ability, qualifications and suitability for the work as well as their potential to be developed into the role.
Poolfoot Farm was officially unveiled by the great Sir Alex Ferguson on 20th April 2016 and is home to 16 football pitches both artificial and natural grass, an elite performance building, gymnasium, playground and a destination restaurant. The site offers football for all areas of the game from grassroots through to the elite 1st team squad.
Key Responsibilities (But not limited to):
- Provide leadership and advice on Academy medical issues to Academy staff
- To be responsible with the Head of Sports Science & Medical departments for medical cover for home youth matches (U18s & U21s)
- To share responsibility with the Head of Sports Science & Medical for the emergency action plan and relevant health and safety processes for academy players
- To support the full time Academy Medical staff in medical and cardiac screening processes anti-doping procedures with UKAD.
- To provide regular academy Matchday doctor cover (U18s & U21s games)
- Additional fee for extra/special unscheduled Matchday cover will be based on £400 plus appropriate “home to stadium” motor milage allowance
- To offer occasional remote/telephone support to academy physios in dealing with players medical issues outside normal schedules visits
- The club will support the attainment of mandatory FA ATMMIF pitchside care qualification and support the development of other skills that can contribute to the quality of longer term sustainable medical services to the club
- The club will contribute an appropriate element of indemnity cover to match the commitment. Details to be agreed
- Ensure the relationship with children and vulnerable adults is appropriate and language, behaviour and demeanour is suitable. The club will expect you to undertake training (or demonstrate equivalence that satisfies the club and the FA) to ensure an understanding of best practice in relation to children and/or vulnerable adults. Details to be agreed
- You will be responsible for the welfare of children in your care and should not leave them in the care of others
- A criminal disclosure and identity check will be carried out
- Ad hoc duties as requested by management and as the role may or may not develop, with remuneration details to be agreed
- Desirable ability to cross-cover occasional First Teams League One matches (with the First Team doctor reciprocating). Details to be agreed
- Take an energetic, purposeful, and measurable approach to recruitment
- Attend all CPD as instructed by the Head of Sports Science & Medical
- Carry out any other duties as directed by the Academy Manager and/or Head of Sports Science & Medical.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Medical degree MBChB or MBBS
- Licence to practice in England
- Safeguarding level 2
- Success in working in multidisciplinary teams
- Sports Medicine Year 3 Trainee or Qualified NHS GP or Sports Medicine Consultant
- Understanding of people management skills
- Range of clinical, employment and life experiences appropriate to working in a high expectation environment
- Evidence of self-motivation and independent success.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, please send an up-to-date copy of your CV and cover letter to:
Fleetwood Town Football Club and Fleetwood Town Community Trust are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to endorse this commitment.
This information is available in different formats if required. Please contact Fleetwood Town Football Club directly on 01253 775080