Academy Assistant Head of Coaching 8-12s
Crystal Palace Football Club are looking for an Assistant Head of Coaching to manage and support the team of 10 coaches and assistants in the U8 to U12 age groups.
You will be responsible for…
- Developing a bespoke coaching pathway for each individual coach from U8 to U12
- Managing both internal and external professional development for these coaches
- Implementing coaching standards and game principles around team and individual coaching
- Completing Coach Competency Framework reviews for each coach within the phase
- Implementing the Academy playing and coaching philosophies whilst embedding our core values into parents, players and staff
- Encouraging a collaborative approach to player development with all other Academy disciplines
- Other duties and responsibilities as required by line manager
- Upholding and promoting the Club’s policies and procedures, including Health and Safety, Safeguarding and Equal Opportunities policies and procedures.
You will have…
- Worked within the Academy system for a prolonged period of time
- Experience of working with the Foundation and small-sides games phase
- Knowledge and experience of the Academy Audit process and the PMA
- Experience of managing a department and people
- Strong IT skills
- Advanced Youth Award
- UEFA A Licence (or working towards)
- A FA Safeguarding Children certificate
- A valid, clean UK driver’s licence
- Teaching awards
- Qualification in Psychology
- Experience of working as a Coach educator at regional or national level
- A small-sided games and technical expert
- A team player
- Enthusiastic and energetic personality
- An excellent communicator
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. As such, the post holder will be subject to any relevant security checks as required.
What you’ll get in return….
• Competitive salary
• High level of responsibility from day one!
To apply, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject of what role you are applying for along with a completed application form found below.